Friday, September 4, 2009

Making a Compost Bin

After lots of research about "Compost" we started to look at how we recycle at home and school and made this Venn Diagram to show
what we did to recycle.
We decided that we were not doing much recycling at school and that's when we came up with the idea of making a compost bin at school.

So today the Jolly Juniors had some wonderful ladies come from an organisation called "Plant to Plate" to help us make a Compost Bin. As soon as we got back to class we made a brainstorm of all the things that we learnt from their lesson.


We hope you enjoy looking at the photos




1 comment:

  1. What a great social action, LC 5! It's so good to see something happening that will help our school. I like the venn diagram, too. I wonder if many of you have taken up recycling your food waste at home. - I'm also looking forward to seeing the veges and herbs grow... I'd like some garnish for my lunch next term!

    ReplyDelete